Feb 4, 20204:30 pm - 7:00 pm
If you want to start your students thinking about special waste or compost, these workshops are for you!
The FREE Green Teaching in the Classroom workshops, hosted by EarthWays Center of Missouri Botanical Garden will provide you with the key resources, tools, and knowledge you need to bring solid-waste topics like recycling and composting into your classroom. Through engaging activities and action projects you can help empower your students to make changes in their homes, schools, and communities. This upcoming workshop is:
In these workshops, you’ll:
- Get a full understanding of what happens when we throw things “away.”
- Build confidence in your own content knowledge.
- Learn the ins-and-outs of what should be recycle, composted or sent to the landfill.
- Discover best practices to encourage environmental stewardship in students.
- Learn how to help develop students’ problem-solving and critical thinking skills through student projects
- Learn how to plan, implement, and evaluate projects with real-world impacts.
- Access cross-curricular, inquiry-based materials and lesson plans on waste, recycling and composting topics.