Sep 11, 2018All Day
As a community-focused complement to the UC3 Forum, the City is hosting a public climate event held by The New American Road Trip: Driving Change. This Electric Vehicle road trip across America will make one of only 4 cross-country stops at the Cortex Commons on Friday,September 21st. Join the Mayor and others at 5:00 pm at the Cortex Commons as the Road Trip crew celebrates local climate efforts in the St. Louis community. The New American Road Trip will award $10,000 in Transportation/Mobility awards for innovative climate solutions (contest details are below). And if you’ve wanted to check out an electric vehicle, there will be an EV Ride and Drive, music, an opportunity to sign the One Planet Charter for Climate, and informative tabling by several organizations. I hope you will join us and learn how to take climate action in St. Louis.
STL CLIMATE CONTEST: The New American Road Trip Transportation Contest is open! Enter this national climate contest via Instagram between September 5-12th. On September 21st, $10,000 in prizes will be awarded to a local STL winner and runner-up. The contest prompt is:
- Follow @newamericanroadtrip on Instagram
- Post a photo, series of photos or videos that show the most innovative way your group is showing your love for St. Louis by decreasing your carbon footprint from everyday transportation.
- In your Instagram caption, say how winning up to $7,000 would elevate your work
- In each post remember to use BOTH #NewAmericanRoadTrip and #NARTStLouis
- Tag @newamericanroadtrip in your post
- Make sure your Instagram profile is public so your post can be seen by the Road Trip team